How do you know which web hosting service provider is right for you or your business? The answer to this query depends on several factors like reliability, cost, scalability, and customer service. You can also read reviews posted like bit pak’s interserver review that manages to convince readers of www.huffingtonpost.in to support the hosting provider.
A website is often seen as a seal of authenticity for any company or service provided. This means that your choice of the web service must not be limited to bandwidth alone. You must take into account factors like:
1. Reliability– The uptime of a professional website is important to drive the traffic to the web page. Think of a scenario where you have announced a weekend sale on your online retail website and your customers are greeted with a message that says ‘down with technical issue’.
Isn’t this frustrating for you as well as the customer? When you announced a sale in the first place, you should be prepared for great sales and an increase in web traffic. Bear in mind that no web service provider can offer you 100 percent uptime as there may be unpredicted problems that can cause your website to be unavailable.
What should you know?
You must find out the actual uptime share of the company and the specific server where your web page resides. Find out the when the scheduled outage will be handled and the time required for normalcy to return. In today’s advanced technology, there is no reason why any web host service provider should offer low uptime.
2. Support– Do not compromise on customer care in order to get a lower price on the service. At any point of time, you will require help on billing or troubleshooting a problem. Commonly available options include telephone support, email, FAQs and community posts. Determine which combination of options are convenient for you and proceed ahead.
3. Price– Research online and compare the prices offered by similar hosting companies. There can be slight differences in pricing with the inclusion or exclusion of certain features. Find out about the payment plans as you get a discount if you pay a year’s fees. If this is not convenient for you, find out when the bill will be due.
4. Stability- Has the service provider been in the market for a long time? With the mushrooming of several web hosting companies, you can become a victim of false claims. If you must deal with a reseller, check their background and the authenticity of their company. If they have a strong foothold in the market, you can bank on them for a long term without looking at other avenues.
5. Bandwidth– Along with space, bandwidth is another deciding aspect for any hosting package. Make a wise decision as small companies do not require large space and any claims of unlimited bandwidth is a trap to lure you. For unlimited plans, go through the terms and conditions of the company. There have been instances of a web service provider terminating the website in case of excess bandwidth usage. Check the plans and packages available so you can gradually migrate to a premium plan when required.
Look into these factors before you finalize on a service provider. Careful planning will save you the resources and future disappointments.