Blogging has become one of the most popular ways to share your views, knowledge, and experiences on the online social platform. If you have a knack for writing, have a nice expression of thought and most of all desire to make some money out of this talent, writing blogs is something you should be doing. This all may sound exciting and easy, but when it comes to starting your own blog especially when you don’t know much about the technicalities involved, it is very confusing. Once you have decided on going ahead with this idea, the first question arises is “how to start a blog in one day?”
The website www.forbes.com has shared several success stories of famous bloggers in various domains like travel blogs, food blogs, fashion blogs etc., which can be really motivating and of great help for those who are intent to start their own blogs.
Certain tips which can help you to get started are:
• Define the purpose of the blog and also identify the target audience: Your intention behind starting a blog should be very clear. This concerns whether you want to promote your business, want to share your experience and knowledge or just want to do creative writing. Accordingly, based upon the expectation of target audience, create content which would interest them.
• Choosing a blogging platform: There are various blogging platforms available online like Blogger, Tumblr etc. One of the most popular is WordPress. The blogging platform offers various add-ons and plugins which can make your content look more attractive and readable.
• Think about your business model: Identifying and researching who all are your competitors writing similar contents, how are they making money, what techniques can be used to enhance your view count and followers and how soon you can start getting monetary benefits out of it
• Taking hosting decision- Self-hosting or choosing a hosting platform: Platforms like WordPress, Blogger etc. offer free blog creation feature. Suitable for beginners, some limitation of free hosting includes, the domain name is not attractive and unique identity specific to your blog name. Also, there is a limit on a number of images and videos which you can upload. There is also restriction regarding access to delete the content on your blog without the hosting company’s approval.
In case of self-hosting, you may choose your own domain name which is the URL of your website and then you choose the hosting company through which the blog will be uploaded on the net.
• Choosing appropriate theme and design for your blog: Visitor judges your blog based upon the first impression of your site. The navigation process should be smooth and reader-friendly.
• Enhance and manage the speed of the blog: The hosting company is responsible to optimize the uploading and downloading time of a blog. A few ways which can increase the speed include optimizing images, removing unnecessary plugins, updating the archives and removing very old posts and making use of the content delivery network.
• Enhance search engine searchability: By updating the content with relevant keywords and other optimization tools to increase the chances of getting your blog listed in top search results.
• Lastly, refining and consistently publishing articles will ensure continued viewership and followers of the blog. This would increase your customer base and popularity online.